- Are you preparing for the IELTS?
- Are you targeting just the eligible score of 6.5 not less than 6 each or are you aiming high?
- Are you aiming to score 8777 for a high CSR Score?
If the answer to the above questions is ‘YES’ and if you are looking for sure shot approach, then you have come to the right place.
This blog will provide you the right strategies and tools to master English quickly (within 30 days) and score a 7+ Band Score in your next attempt at IELTS.
Step 1: Understand the IELTS and what to EXPECT AT THE TEST:
- The IELTS is a test of English Language Proficiency and not a “SUBJECT”.
- The Band Score is the USER LEVEL of English as a Second Language. Band 6 – A Competent User; Band 7 – A Good User, Band 8 – A Very Good User; and Band 9 – An Expert User.
- The “International English Language Testing System” is designed to gauge the proficiency of a candidate and efficient use of the English language. IELTS is not a subject test.
- The IELTS is a test of the four skill of English Language. I) Receptive/Comprehension (Listening & Reading) and II) Productive/Usage (Writing & Speaking).
- The Reading and Listening Tests are mostly non repetitive. The Speaking test is a random selection of a fixed number of tests designed (Current estimate is 92 topics for DEC 2022 for India) and are updated every 4 months.
- The Writing Tasks are non repetitive.
- The Test is time bound. Total time taken is 2hr 40 min (WRL) and 11-14 minutes for the Speaking Test.
- A candidate can opt for either a Paper Based Test or a Computer Based Test.
Step 2: Get Familiarised with the Testing Mechanics and the Test Format
Practice the tests to I) Check your level and II) get accustomed to the test timings. Never attempt the test without prior preparation.
Step 3: Focus on Language Skills along with practice.
Without developing the needed skills of comprehension and language production getting a high band score is not possible. The number of tests you solve has no co-relation to the Band Score achieved.
The Four Skills of English:
- Reading Comprehension Skills
- Listening Comprehension Skills
- Writing Skills
- Speaking Skills
Step 4: Riding on two boats: Language Development and Test Practice
The Band Score of a candidate is the reflection of language proficiency. There is no way to beat the test. Developing core skills with sufficient practice is the way forward. Do not shy away from taking help of expert coaches. English is easy to adopt and master with proper guidance and practice. Engage in activities that involve using a lot of English on a daily basis. Watch English News, podcasts, TV series, movies, talk shows, speeches and talks. Read English books, novels, newspapers and magazines. Converse in English and produce short speech vlogs. Be bold and take on the world.
Step 5: Be Persistent and Consistent
Mastering a language or getting command in the use of English will take some time and patience. Diligent and honest efforts, a sense of commitment to a goal and joy of learning are important attitude streaks needed to succeed in a short time.
Step 6: Plan Your Study.
You will need a proper plan of study that is customized for your level of English usage. Proper Time Management is the key to succeed within 30 to 60 days and achieve the desired Band Score level.
Step 7: Experience the magic of astute Mentoring
A Guide and a Mentor who has the expertise to devise a plan for you to follow and dispel misconceptions is essential to reach your desired Band Score level at IELTS. Enrol with ESPI – https://espi.edustation.online/ to experience the magic of expert mentoring (Language Experts trained by the British Council, IDP and Cambridge University).
We believe that every student in India who has studied at HSC level or beyond, deserves to be rated at Band Level 7 – A Good User of English!!!